Beyond CBT: Skills for Delivery Riders
Are you a new delivery rider looking to navigate our busy city streets, or an experienced one seeking to improve your skills?
This free, one-day course - funded by TfL - will teach you about the Highway Code, motorcycle maintenance, how to ride with a load and using a satnav on the move.
Then put your new skills into practice as you plan and ride your own delivery route through a busy urban area.
This course is for delivery riders who have completed Compulsory Basic Training.
To attend this course using their own machine, riders must:
- Wear suitable PPE
- Have a valid motorcycle licence or a valid CBT completion certificate (if riding a motorcycle up to 125cc in output)
- Have appropriate insurance for their motorcycle
- Have a valid MOT certificate (where relevant)
- Use a roadworthy motorcycle
- Display ‘L’ plates if riding on a CBT certificate
Or, when using equipment provided by the course supplier, riders will need:
- To wear mandated and suitable PPE
- A valid M/C licence or CBT certificate