Riders who participate in advanced rider training schemes are being offered discounted parking in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
The initiative is part of borough-wide plans to encourage resident motorcyclists to park in motorcycle bays – rather than between cars where bikes are more vulnerable to being damaged.
The 17% parking discount is being afforded to any rider who has completed one of the following courses:
- BikeSafe London
- British Motorcyclists Federation’s Blue Riband Rider Award
- RoSPA’s Advanced Motorcycle Training
The borough is also offering an additional reduced permit to riders of electric motorbikes.
Motorcycle permits available in Kensington and Chelsea:
- Standard motorcycle permit – allows parking in residents’ motorcycle bays only. These bays are identified with the words ‘M/C Permits Only’ painted on the road. This permit is free of charge.
- Combined motorcycle permit – allows parking in both residents’ car and motorcycle bays. This permit costs £112 per annum or £93 to holders of advanced rider training certificates.
- Combined electric motorcycle permit – allows parking in both residents’ car and motorcycle bays. This permit costs £84 per annum or £70 to holders of advanced rider training certificates.
05 June 2018